Forest History Association of British Columbia Conference and Annual General Meeting 2011
Vernon, British Columbia.
September 30 - October 1, 2011.
We welcome everyone who would like to attend our annual meeting, take in the Seed Orchard tour or attend our dinner and listen to our guest speaker. Hopefully, you will renew old friendships, make some new friends and gain an insight into the early history of the forest industry in the North Okanagan. If you would like to attend, or require more information, please contact Stan Chester at (604)921-9880 or email@example.com
Where: Best Western Plus Vernon Lodge and Conference Centre, 3914 - 32nd Street, Vernon, BC, V1T 5P1, (250)545-3755 or Toll Free 1-800-663-4422.
When: Friday, September 30, through Saturday, October1, 2011.
Friday, September 30. Travel to Vernon, informal evening get together at Best Western Motel.
Saturday, October 1.
- 10:00-11:30 - Annual Business meeting. An agenda will be circulated later.
- 12:00 - 1:00 - open lunch.
- 1:00 - 4:00 - tour of Kalamalka Seed Orchard
- 6:00 -7:00 - Informal get together
- 7:00 - 10:00 - Buffet dinner and guest speaker.
Sunday, October 2, Check out and return home.
- Guest Speaker: our guest speaker will be Robert Dale of Enderby, BC. He is a native of Enderby and has worked for many years, as has his father and grandfather, in the forest industry of the North Okanagan. He will describe for us river driving on the Shuswap, the early saw milling industry, and horse logging in use at the time. Hopefully, he will be able to illustrate his talk with slides and other pictures. There should be time for questions at the end of his presentation.
- Hotel: A block of rooms has has been reserved at the hotel at a charge of $91.00 per night. If possible, please reserve your room by September 9th. Mention the Forest History Association when you are reserving your room. Their telephone number is 250-545-3755 or 1-800-663-4422
- Buffet Dinner: Cost is approximately $30.00. Please advise Stan Chester, (604) 921-9880, if you have any special dietary needs. Please let us know if you will there for dinner by September 27th so that we can advise the hotel.
- Hospitality Room: We have arranged for a hospitality room so that we can have a drink, chat, etc. at our leisure. Everyone is welcome.
- Kalamalka Seed Orchard: Mike Meagher has arranged for a tour of the Seed Orchard and related facilities.
- Rides: For those travelling up from the Coast, please advise Stan Chester if you need a ride, will be driving in your own car and can give someone a ride, etc. or are able to make other travel arrangements. He will meet those coming from the Victoria area at Tsawwassen ferry terminal and you can drive up to Vernon together arriving there sometime in the afternoon. You will return to the Coast on Sunday.
Some FHABC members at our 2009 conference, hosted in Prince George, B.C.
Didn't make it to the 2009 meeting? For a detailed synopsis of the conference with photos and some audio, Click Here!